Scented essential oils are the perfect natural alternative that offers you, body and home care. Extracted from the roots, leaves, and flowers these aromatic compounds are a myriad of effects.
Scents are related to numerous benefits and keeping that in mind essential oils have largely replaced other perfumes and candles which might contain carcinogens or other harmful compounds that overshadow the actual benefits of the scent. Moreover, oils are useful in everything, from topical application to aromatherapy by the means of a diffuser.
They are a natural alternative compared to synthetic products that make you healthy and your place smell exceptionally well.
There are multiple factors associated with the essential oils such as the range of applications affordability, potency, and efficacy.
Below all your questions about these botanical goodies are answered and a list of Best Smelling Essential Oils is combined to give you the best options to choose from as per your preference.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND ESSENTIAL OILS
Our sense of smell is directly linked to the emotional and memory centers in our brain. Whatever we smell has a direct impact on our mood and what we feel like. The chemicals interact in different ways depending on how they are used.
In the case of topical application, they are absorbed greatly as per the heat output and the site of the body. When being inhaled, they directly act on the limbic system and simulate different areas like long-term memory, behavior, and emotions. The limbic system also controls your blood pressure and heart rate which explains why essential oils have a soothing and calming effect.
BENEFIT OF SCENTED ESSENTIAL OILS
Best smelling essential oils are like a complete package that comes with numerous benefits out of which some are listed below:
- It helps in relieving symptoms of stress and anxiety
- Massaging essential oil can give you relief from headaches
- They can treat insomnia and improve sleep quality especially among women and children
- They help fight inflammatory conditions and increase new cell growth
- It acts as an anti-microbial agent that can treat multiple infections of the human body
- The strong scents have a calming and soothing effect
- They can help you relax and focus, which increases work productivity
- Boosts your energy and makes you feel fresh and relaxed
- Creates a comforting environment
- It helps maintain inner balance and peace
- Is a respiratory disinfectant
- Helps in digestion and improves blood circulation
- Acts as a body detox and improves immunity
- Works as an antiseptic for wounds and injuries
- Relaxes your nerves and muscle cramps
TYPES OF BEST ESSENTIAL OIL
There are 90 commonly used essential oils out of which some popular ones are
- Peppermint Oil: boost energy and helps in digestion It relieves nausea and makes a super effective balm. Applying it on feet help you lower down your fever.
- Sandalwood Oil: calm nerves and help with focus.
- Lavender Oil: relieve stress and gives you a peaceful sleep. It is great for burns and irritated skin. The anti-septic agent helps in healing wounds. Using it in a hot bath gives you a relaxed feeling.
- Rose Oil: improve mood and reduce anxiety.
- Eucalyptus Oil: is a perfect addition in your house cleaning recipes. It is anti-microbial and acts as a respiratory expectorant. It helps you relieve cold and keeps flies away.
- Frankincense Oil: used to boost your immune system and relieve pain. Application on scars helps you get rid of the mark. Adding it to the bath gives you a relaxed feeling.
- Bergamot Oil: reduce stress and improve skin conditions like eczema.
- Chamomile Oil: improve mood and relaxation.
- Cinnamon Oil: soothes muscle cramps and treat congested chest with its anti-spasmodic and analgesic properties.
- Tea Tree Oil: fight infections and boost immunity. It is used in cleaning wounds and disinfecting. Soothe irritated skin and itchiness in blemishes. A powerful cleanser used in cleaning home and treats ear infection naturally.
- Ylang-Ylang Oil: treat headaches and skin conditions.
- Lemon Oil: aid digestion, improves mood, and headaches. It helps you de-grease your utensils and relief a congested throat.
- Jasmine Oil: help with depression, childbirth, and sexual dysfunction.
- Oregano Oil: anti-bacterial properties help fight infection, detoxify the body, and help find any illness.
- Wild Orange Oil: gives relief in the sour throat, runny nose, cough, and infant’s stomach pain.
TOP 12 PICKS OF BEST SMELLING ESSENTIAL OILS
100% natural oil with therapeutic qualities for relaxation and aromatherapy. It soothes your mind and calms your soul. Lavender oil has anti-microbial, antioxidant, anti-viral, and anti-allergic qualities that help relieve muscle cramps, sinus issues, fatigue, insomnia, and improves mood. The oil can be applied on the skin after being mixed in a carrier oil to treat issues like eczema and acne.
The best selling essential oil for home is packaged in a high-quality glass bottle with a UV coating that protects it from the harmful radiation of the sun. A glass dropper comes along which makes the use easier.
The company gives a lifetime warranty in case you are not satisfied with the product.
The perfect blend of the five best essential oils Cinnamon, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Clove, and Lemon. These all are highly anti-septic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-infection, and anti-fungal that provide you protection against multiple infections and boost your immunity. When used in a diffuser it kills microbes in the air and removes the foul smell.
The mix is ideal to be used for aromatherapy, topical application for massaging, and DIY cleaners to eliminate all pathogens. It gives a refreshing smell to whatever it is sprayed on.
It offers a 100% lifetime money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with what you bought.
Infused with the goods of Roses, it gives off sweet and soft scent which has a soothing effect on your mind and soul. The rosy aroma of the best smelling essential oil for diffuser gives relief from stress, boosts your mood, and gives a feeling of utmost relaxation. When applied on skin it gives you a bright, hydrated complexion. By balancing the moisture and fighting off the free radicals the oil gives you wrinkles and lines free skin.
The roses are grown with much care in the fields on Turkey and later the oil is gently extracted through steam distillation to maintain the beneficial effects.
The oil has a 30 days money-back guarantee if it fails in improving your mood or making your skin flawless.
The scented essential oil is suffused with the creamy, smoky aroma of Vanilla. The smell is perfect to be used on a romantic night to ignite the spark the couple needs. Adding on, the topical application allows you to have a hydrated and youthful, bright complexion. Lastly, the strong scent relieves all stress and can be massaged on pressure points for further relaxation.
With its hypnotic appeal, it is perfect to be used in diffusers to change the mood, massage to make you chill, and on the face for flawless skin.
The 100% natural and pure ingredients of the therapeutic oil contain ylang ylang, lemongrass, orange, and geranium. The calming aroma of this blend relief stress, depression, and anxiety, which uplifts your mood. When the smelly oil is used in a diffuser or inhaled it balances your emotions and gives you a relaxed feeling.
All the oils blended in are Non-additives, GMO-free, Non-fillers, Unfiltered, and Non-synthetics.
The 100% cruelty-free oil offers you a lifetime money-back guarantee claiming it to be the best oil in the market.
The pure lemon essential oil is useful for multiple applications, from cleaning recipes to aromatherapy. The fresh and sweet essential oil smell is an antibacterial, antiseptic, and astringent agent. Lemon oil is associated with cleanliness and freshness. The high concentration of D-limonene promotes blood circulation, tone down complexion, and reduce wrinkles.
The oil undergoes excessive tests like Gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, etc to be proven for purity. It contains no synthetic ingredients and is animal cruelty-free.
The best smelling essential oil for a diffuser is a home scent blended with Apple, Cinnamon, White musk, and Juniper berry. The sweet, spicy scent is perfect to create the mood between the couple. It clears congested chest, soothes muscle aches, and acts as a natural preservative. The anti-oxidizing properties may help fight neurological and heart disease.
Recommended to be used in an ultrasonic aroma diffuser to create the best environment at home.
The 100% undiluted best smelling essential oil for home is infused with Chamomile, which relaxes both, your soul and body. The sweet, apple-like fresh scent has a therapeutic effect that eases joint pain, migraine, arthritis, muscle ache. The natural oil is free of additives and chemicals that make it safe for babies and helps them give relief in high temperature and teething.
Every bottle goes through multiple testing including GC-MS testing and organoleptic testing to ensure safety.
The company guarantees 100% satisfaction and is recommended by certified aromatherapists.
The scented essential oil is loaded with the goodness of Peppermint, which is an anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic. It helps relieve muscle pain, headache, digestive problems, sunburn, congested cough, itchiness, nausea, and joint pain.
The oil can also be applied to the skin as a natural pest repellant. Massaging it at the back of your neck or behind the ear lobes uplifts your mood and relieve stress.
The roll-on packaging makes it easy for use and application to boosts the effects. The 365-day guarantee ensures customer satisfaction.
The delighting aroma oil is a blend of smelly oils like white jasmine, citrus peel, spring, lily of the valley, and blossoms. The strong scent fills your home with a fresh, calm, and long-lasting fragrance. Your mood feels much better and your sleep quality is improved. It sets up a romantic environment and eliminates all foul odors.
The oil is free of Synthetic colors, Paraben, Petrochemicals, DPG, glycols, Phthalate, and artificial additives. It is certified Non-GMO and 100% safe for pets and children.
Ideal and recommended to be used in an ultrasonic oil diffuser or cold-air.
This essential oil smell is a blend of Lavender Oil, Ho wood, Eucalyptus, and Frankincense that diffuses around in your room creating a calm and relaxed environment. The slightly mint smell clears your congested airways and kills all bacteria, fungi, viruses in the air. It acts as an immunity booster and repels bugs. The infused lavender oil has strong sedative and anti-anxiety effects that uplift your mood and make you feel refreshed and calm.
They recommended you use 15 drops of the oil in the diffuser to have an experience just like a moonlit walk on a desert path.
The best essential oil for clean air is a concoction of Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil, Hyssop Oil, and Eucalyptus Oil. It is beneficial in purifying, cleansing, and refreshing the air around you to eliminate pathogens. It fights against the symptoms of flu and cold to reduce sore throat and cough. The antispasmodic qualities make it helpful in asthma and bronchitis that makes your breathing easy.
Before packaging, the purity is tested and the quality is reassured to provide customers with the best
BEST SMELLING ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS
Boosts your immunity and fights different kinds of infections
|Douglas Fir||2 drops|
It maintains the home and emotional balance of the house
|Juniper Berry||1 drop|
A citrus and mint smell to uplift your mood
Welcome your visitors with a sweet and spicy scent
Makes you indoor space happy and delightful
|Tea tree||2 drops|
A refreshing aroma that eliminates all foul smells
Improves your respiratory system and makes breathing easy
|Cedar wood||2 drops|
The scent has a pleasing effect that makes your heart and mind, calm
Now that you have a long list of best smelling essential oils to choose from, the one last thing I will address is
HOW TO CHOOSE AN ESSENTIAL OIL FOR YOURSELF
Though many companies and manufacturers claim their oil to be therapeutic or medical grade it is important for us to choose the one most suitable to our preference. It is important to keep three things in mind
- PURITY: Choose an oil that is 100% natural and organic, derived from plants only without any additives or synthetic components. One tip for that is to look for the botanical name of the oil on the bottle.
- REPUTATION: Make sure you are purchasing from the brand that is recommended by experts and more widely used.
- QUALITY: The one thing that maintains the quality of the essential oil its manner of extraction. Natural oils are mostly obtained through steam distillation or cold pressing.
USES OF ESSENTIAL OILS
- Hot water compress
- Facial steam
- Freshen laundry
- DIY cleaning recipes
- Skin and Hair care
They are safe for all ages and can be inhaled or applied to the skin after mixing in a carrier oil. Despite the benefits, it is important for you to consider asking a medical practitioner if you are suffering from a major health issue as it may cause some minor side effects like rash or allergy.
The article mentioned the top Best Smelling Essential Oils along with some of the frequently asked questions and information everybody needs before purchasing an essential oil for them. Essential oils are given much more importance now because of their harmless impacts and 100% naturally derived ingredients. After years of research, plants are now being considered very helpful in treating multiple medical conditions as well as creating a pleasant environment with its strong aroma.
In my personal opinion, I would suggest you get Lavender oil for yourself. It is considered the best among all and is associated with treating multiple conditions. I also use it at my place in a diffuser and every time I go home I am welcomed in a refreshing place which instantly takes away all my stress and makes my chill and at peace.