Are you also suffering from eczema?
Does your scalp also look like the one in the pictures below?
Do not worry because you are not the only one.
There are a large number of people who are fighting with skin conditions like these.
What is eczema of the scalp?
Seborrheic dermatitis is a type of eczema that mainly targets your scalp. All of you suffering must know what it’s like having a red, swollen, and itchy scalp at all times. There are dandruff patches on the scalp, which are cracked, rough, and sometimes have blisters too. All of this is devastating. You can not imagine a normal itchy free life.
Seborrheic dermatitis can be triggered by multiple causes like hormonal disbalance, stress, allergens, and chemicals. The age group most likely to have this is children below 3 years and adults over the age of 30.
How to choose a shampoo for yourself?
Foremost, you should go through the ingredients section and look into the chemicals. Any harmful chemical can exaggerate your pre-existing eczema and you may have worse symptoms. However, some of the chemicals that help you treat Seborrheic dermatitis and should be preferred;
- Selenium sulfide is an anti-fungal agent that targets yeast, reduces dandruff, and gives relief in itchiness and irritation.
- Pyrithione zinc is a comparatively common ingredient. It has anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties, both. The chemical reduces inflammation and itch on your scalp.
- Salicylic acid is specifically added to treat scaling on the scalp.
- Ketoconazole has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties that treat dandruff and other symptoms associated with eczema.
- Coal tar reduces the production of sebum along with fungal growth.
Why you should trust us?
My team and I have been reviewing products for years. All the products we recommend are either used by us or someone we know closely. Every ingredient is carefully looked into along with the reputation of the brand to bring you the best of the best.
We understand what you go through and the embarrassment you face while itching your scalp in public, so make all possible efforts to solve your problems.
TOP 9 PICKS OF BEST SHAMPOO FOR ECZEMA ON SCALP
- Plant-derived ingredients
- 2 in 1 body wash and shampoo
- Suitable for children
- Free from Petro-chemicals, Paraben, Artificial fragrance, Steroids, and Cortisone
- Silk amino acids and keratin protects your hair and makes it strong
This homeopathic formula of this shampoo for psoriasis contains ingredients like, Aloe Vera that repair your dead scalp cells and leaves your hair smooth and shiny while preventing itchiness. Bergamot Essential Oil has anti-microbial effects as it promotes a healthy scalp. Borax, Graphite, Kalium Sulphuricum and, Natrum Muriaticum are all proved to give eczema and psoriasis relief.
The skin relief solution treats itchiness, flakiness, and dryness giving you a soft and healthy scalp. It is suitable for all types and hair and scalp. Using the product along with Natralia’s rash cream and moisturizing lotion gives you effective results in less time.
- Build-up control
- Long-lasting relief
- Treats Dandruff and Seborrheic Dermatitis, both
- Formulated by dermatologist-recommended brand
- Results after one wash
- Recognized by the National Psoriasis Foundation for treating psoriasis
- Paraben and Silicone-Free
The original formula of this eczema shampoo contains 0.5% Coal tar that has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties to reduce the fungal growth on your scalp along with providing relief from irritation. Citric acid increases the blood flow to your scalp that increases the nutrient supply to your hair follicle strengthening them and reducing the risk of hair fall or dandruff. Tetrasodium EDTA acts as the cleansing agent and removes dirt and oil form scalp which might increase fungal growth. It also forms a complex with other metals to prevent deposition.
The formula is suitable for all hair types on both, males and females. It especially targets dry, damaged hair.
- Animal cruelty-free
- Free of Paraben, Steroid, and Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Safe for kids and babies
- pH 5.5
- 30-Days money-back guarantee
- 98% natural and organic
- No water added
Composed of natural ingredients like, Aloe Vera that nourishes and moisturizes scalp for an itch and flake-free scalp. The anti-microbial Manuka honey help relieve the symptoms of eczema. It promotes the production of collagen that helps to strengthen the roots and to promote healthy strong hair. Orange peel oil is loaded with Vitamin C, which gives your hair a lustrous look and shine. Vitamin B has a direct impact on hair cuticles and reduces hair loss.
The balanced pH formula is specially targeted for the oily scalp to penetrate the scalp to soothe, repair, and moisturize. Instead of foaming chemicals a natural alternative, coconut oil is used. The natural barrier is maintained to fight infection in all kinds of hair types.
- 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner
- Recognized by National Psoriasis Foundation
- Acts on the first line of defense in treating psoriasis
- FDA approved active ingredients
- Dermatologist recommended
- Moisturizing impact
- Conditioning effect
- Free of Paraben and Silicone
Formulated with 3% Salicylic Acid the shampoo provides relief from irritation and itchiness. It acts on your hair cuticles by reducing sebum, acne, dandruff, and flakiness. The Calendula officinalis flower extract revives the follicles by reducing dandruff and encouraging healthy hair growth. Lastly, the extract contains antioxidants that protect your scalp from harmful radiations.
The shampoo has an impact on all three scalp conditions like Psoriasis, Eczema, and Seborrheic dermatitis. It helps to moisturize the scalp and gives them a natural lift with softness and shine.
- Medicated formula
- Fragrance-Free and Preservative-Free
- Dermatologist tested
- pH balanced
- Can be used daily
- Free of Gluten, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Paraben, Lanolin, Phosphate, Protein, and Sulfate.
- Ideal for sensitive scalp
The formula of Free & Clear contains ingredients like, Sucrose cocoate which is a mix of fatty acids and sugar from coconut oil and sugar beet, respectively. It not only makes your hair frizz-free but reduces flakiness and dryness from your scalp. Next is Panthenol, which penetrates deeply into the scalp giving more volume to your hair. Lauryl glucoside is useful in cleansing your hair without stripping off the moisture.
The shampoo is suitable for all hair types and removes flakiness and excessive oil from your scalp. It leaves back no residue and gives you shiny, clean hair with itch-free scalp.
- Medicated formula
- 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Non-greasy and Fragrance-Free
- Steroid-Free and Irritant-Free
- Recommended by doctors
- Patented Ovasome Technology
- FDA approved ingredients
- Noticeable results within a month of use
The Patented Ovasome Technology uses Whole egg powder which is full of Vitamins and Minerals that nourishes your scalp and stops itchiness instantly. The 3% Salicylic Acid prevents the crusty build-up on your scalp that might cause irritation and inflammation. Further, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil gives a fresh feel to your scalp by adding essential oils to your roots and promoting healthy hair growth with reduced hair fall.
Suitable for all hair types, this shampoo is safe for hair that is exposed to color and bleach. It rejuvenates your hair without stripping the color. You have soft and manageable hair with a noticeable reduction in red, swollen patches on your scalp.
- Peat therapy
- 100% plant-derived ingredients
- Free from Carcinogenic agents
- Certified safety
- Safe for children and pregnant ladies
- No Paraben, Sulfate, SLS, SLES, Artificial color, Dye, Petroleum and Silicone
- Might cause color fading in dyed hair
- Ideal for extra thin and severely damaged hair
The peat solution is 100% organic and contains Nordic peat mud, known as “Black diamond” for its effectiveness in healing different conditions like eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis. It penetrates the scalp and provides amino acids, nutrients, and oxygen to your hair to not only treat the symptoms but also the cause. It has Humic acid which promotes collagen, Fulvic acid for balancing the pH of the scalp, and Hymatomelanic acid to heal scratches or rough patches.
The blend of Argan oil and Olive oil moisturizes your scalp, reduces inflammation, and gives a smoothening effect. Your scalp is hydrated and free of dandruff.
- Scalp clarifying formula
- Organic ingredients
- Awarded with “Family Tested Family-Approved”
- Noticeable reduction in dandruff within weeks
- Oil-free hair after just one wash
- Free of Artificial Fragrances, Sodium Chloride Sulfates, and Parabens
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Can be used by both sex, males and females
- Safe to be used by children
- Prevent build-up in hair
The plant-derived natural formula is composed of Tea tree oil that cleanses your scalp and prevents the accumulation of dead cells or dirt. It moisturizes your scalp and treats the causes of dandruff. Arnica acts as anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agent by reducing sebum and killing bacteria. Moreover, Sage is highly beneficial in treating eczema and dermatitis. Lastly, Rosemary oil acts as a hair growing agent.
This shampoo is ideal for everyone and it not only reduces symptoms. but also prevents the accumulation of fungus or dirt that may clog the pores and exaggerate skin conditions.
- Long-term treatment
- On Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Clean Cosmetics Database it has maintained the #1 ranking
- Medicated eczema shampoo
- Healing properties
- Safe for daily use
- Free of Paraben and Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- Ideal for sunburned and irritated scalp
- Prevents recurrence of dandruff and itchiness
2% Pyrithione Zinc has both, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which help this shampoo in being ideal for treating Seborrheic Dermatitis. It is also beneficial in giving relief from dandruff and psoriasis. Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose locks in the moisture of the scalp and forms a protective barrier around the hair strand.
The shampoo is formulated typically for people who have damaged and dry hair. It treats both the cause and the occurring symptoms. The healing properties of the shampoo are visible with a reduction in red patched that occurred due to itching of the scalp.
Along with the shampoo, you should also consider using some DIY remedies to have faster and long-term effects. You may first do a patch test or consult a dermatologist before using them.
- Coconut oil mask due to its anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties
- Apple cider vinegar that helps remove dandruff and dead cells
- Tea tree oil mixed with a diluting agent helps in reducing dandruff
- Raw honey has a moisturizing impact which reduces dryness of the scalp
More than 10% of the population is suffering from eczema. Every individual has had multiple doctor visits and has tried thousands of product. The only thing you need now is proper guidance and recommendation for treating your scalp. A shampoo for eczema not only reduces dandruff but also gives you relief from itchiness. They promote healthy hair growth and you get shiny, smooth, and volumized hair.
As per my preference, from the list of best shampoo for eczema I would recommend you give Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo (Original Formula) a try, it is not only approved by the National Psoriasis Association but also highly rated by the people who have been using it. I have met people who used this shampoo and it worked like magic for them.